Agriculture and Farming
Protect Your New Technologies, Innovative Processes, and Valuable Products with NEMACO™ Electrical Enclosure Solutions
Today’s farming is complex, commercial, and continuously innovated by new technologies. From GPS-based applications that improve planting precision to programmable temperature and moisture controls that monitor livestock environments, new technology has revolutionized the agriculture industry.
This technologically advanced agricultural sector has grown to be one of the world’s largest industries. As agricultural producers invest heavily in their equipment, facilities, and technology, protecting these valuable assets from damage is critical. One electrical shortage, shock, or fire could devastate a producer’s agricultural assets and wipe out hundreds of thousands to even millions of dollars in profits.
NEMACO™ manufactures high quality, performance tested, complete electrical enclosure solutions to help protect agricultural producers from life-shattering fire and electrocution risks. Our protective electrical enclosures are made according to various NEMA standards, are manufactured in several materials and types to suit different applications, and can be customized with adaptable features and options to effectively shield your agricultural electrical systems, equipment, employees, and products from damage.
The agricultural industry is as diverse as it is expansive, so whether you want to protect the electrical components and instruments in livestock and poultry facilities, feed mills and grain handling setups, commercial fruit and vegetable operations, or in any other farm organization or agricultural industry, partner with the skilled and qualified professionals at NEMACO™. Working together to pinpoint your specific needs, we can produce the solutions to protect your electrical systems, keep your employees and products safe, and offer long-term viability and functionality to your operation.
NEMA Ratings for Agricultural Electrical Enclosures
A major consideration when selecting the right electrical enclosures for your operation is the NEMA rating system. Established to ensure safety for engineers, architects, installers, and anyone else with electrical system contact, NEMA ratings provide application guidelines and specify which environmental conditions specific enclosure types can protect against. For example, the presence of combustible grain dust puts feed mills, grain elevators, and other grain handling facilities at higher risk for fires and explosions. These facilities require electrical enclosures that can prevent all of the potentially hazardous circulating dust and dirt from invading electrical systems and equipment. The NEMA 4 enclosure is manufactured to be well-sealed, durable, dust resistant, and watertight and could be an excellent electrical enclosure choice for these types of agricultural facilities.
Livestock facility environments can also be hard on electrical systems, but because today’s livestock production is so dynamic, the electricity that fuels poultry barns, hog units, beef feedlots, and other livestock facilities needs to be installed and used safely to protect livestock producers’ products and profits. NEMACO™ electrical enclosures securely protect the electrical wiring, programmable controls, and other electronic components in livestock facilities from dripping water, dust, and a number of other potentially damaging elements. Livestock facilities could benefit from indoor and outdoor NEMA 3R enclosures because of their resistance to rain, snow, sleet, and ice. Watertight, corrosion-resistant NEMA 4 enclosures could also be excellent options for protecting electrical systems inside high-moisture hog confinement barns, milking parlors, and other livestock facilities that require routine high-pressure washings and hose downs.
Manufacturing Materials for Agricultural Electrical Enclosures
NEMACO™ can manufacture electrical enclosures in carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum, and fiberglass. Electrical enclosure locations, weight preferences, maintenance requirements, and environmental factors should be accounted for when considering which type of material to use. Our NEMA 3R enclosure and NEMA 4 enclosure are typically produced in powder coated carbon steel, but can also be manufactured from aluminum or stainless steel for added durability and corrosion resistance.
Agricultural Electrical Enclosure Mounting Types
To add versatility to your agricultural operation, a NEMACO™ electrical enclosure can be installed as a wall mount, floor mount, or pole mount.
- Wall mount. Programmable controllers are often wall mounted in livestock facilities to protect them from the animals on the floor. Wall mount NEMACO™ electrical enclosures and control cabinets can be produced in various sizes, for different NEMA ratings, and with customizable features and options to protect vital controllers and other wall mounted electrical systems. Standard wall mount tabs or custom wall mount brackets can be used to mount enclosures onto concrete, brick, and galvanized structures for increased versatility.
- Floor mount. Generators, motors, and many other pieces of electrical and electronic equipment serving agricultural operations need to be protected at ground level. NEMACO™ floor mount electrical enclosures can be securely anchored to concrete floors, stable wood structures, or onto trailers for your mobile applications. They can be manufactured in different sizes, for various NEMA ratings, and with many custom feature options.
- Pole mount. Electric outlets and other electronics that fuel exterior agriculture functions can be hung on poles around the property. For electrical components that are outdoors, pole mount outdoor enclosures can meet a variety of NEMA ratings and can be produced in several different sizes to fit properly around varying pole diameters.
NEMACO™ Agriculture Electrical Enclosure Advantages
To protect the safety, efficiency, and durability of the electrical systems and electronics in your agricultural operation, rely on complete NEMACO™ solutions. Our products offer several advantages, including:
- Saves Your Money. The high humidity, manure gases, dust, water, animals, and rodents present in many livestock, poultry, grain, and other farming facilities can corrode and deteriorate electrical components. Durable NEMACO™ electrical enclosures can protect your electrical systems from these elements and extend the useful life of your electronic equipment, saving you from expensive rewiring and replacement costs down the road.
- Protects Your Facility. An electrical fire can quickly destroy your assets, but protecting your electrical systems with quality NEMACO™ electrical enclosures can reduce your facility’s risk.
- Protects Your Employees. The people who work in your agricultural facilities are exposed to your electrical systems day in and day out. By keeping those systems reliably enclosed, you can shield your employees from equipment malfunctions, hazardous electrical shocks, or other dangerous elements.
- Improves Your Productivity. Constantly having to repair faulty electrical equipment isn’t just dangerous, it also cuts into the time you could be spending on other work. Keeping your electrical systems, controllers, and other electronics protected keeps them working properly so you can focus your valuable time on maintaining a productive and profitable operation.
Using cost-effective, high-quality NEMACO™ electrical enclosures in your agricultural facilities and operations can improve safety conditions and help protect your equipment, animals, employees, and business from electrical damage, so contact us today to learn more about our excellent electrical enclosures. Let our industry expertise help you find the best option for your agricultural operation.